It is no secret that the pandemic has affected nearly every facet of our lives, my clinic included. Below are the adjustments I've made to try and mitigate the risk of transmitting the coronavirus at Hidden Root Acupuncture.
1. New cleaning routine for my office
2. New building regulations: Masks and hand-washing required
3. Required COVID-19 consent form
1. In between appointments, I will be using a non-toxic EPA registered disinfectant and sanitizer that kills 99.9% of germs and is registered for use in hospitals and ICUs. There will be 15 minutes in between appointments in order for me to disinfect the room and prepare for the next patient. Because of this, please do not arrive before your scheduled appointment time as I will not be able to buzz you into the building before then. I will not answer the callbox until I am ready for you, so I recommend staying in your car or outside of the building until your appointment time.
I may wear gloves for certain portions of your appointment. We will both wear masks for the entirety of your appointment. If you feel safer doing so, feel free to bring your own clean sheets for the treatment table.
While I will be sure to clean the bathroom regularly, there is no way to guarantee disinfection between uses since it is a common bathroom shared with other businesses in the building. Use at your own discretion.
2. Please observe the following rules mandated by Hidden Root Acupuncture and the owners of our building:
-Masks are to be worn in the building at all times.
-Every entrant to the building should wash hands thoroughly at the new washing station on the 1st floor immediately upon entry.
-I will be taking your temperature before you enter the treatment room with a contactless forehead thermometer. If your reading is higher than 100.4 degrees F, your appointment will be rescheduled.
-Please allow other people to travel by themselves in the elevator.
3. I have made electronic versions of all of my consent forms (to maximize treatment time and minimize surfaces touched) and will be requiring every patient, new and existing, to sign a COVID-informed Consent To Treatment Form to ensure that you know the new risks of being treated and to understand that I will not treat anyone with active COVID-19 symptoms or those who have had contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in less than 2 weeks prior to their appointment.
This helps to decrease the risk of transmission, keeping my own safety and the safety of everyone who walks through my door in mind. These electronically signed forms will be required to be signed and submitted 24 hours prior your appointment.
If you are feeling sick or know you've had contact with someone who has recently tested positive for COVID-19, you need to reschedule and let me know ASAP.
Please get in touch if you have any questions or concerns! This information is all subject to change as the situation progresses.